Research, Innovation, Impact
Join an interdisciplinary, entrepreneurial, and innovation-driven bioengineering program that will not only help advance your career, but produce societal impact.
A PhD Program with a Purpose
Research That Fuels the Impact Cycle
Cutting-edge research that aims to serve society through translation of new discoveries and technologies.
Accelerate Your Career
High impact trainings and mentorship on science communication and entrepreneurship that launch, and accelerate, your professional development.
Research Tools to Make Your Future
World-class facilities for fabrication, prototyping and analysis to help you transform your research ideas into real-world solutions and products.
Joint PhD Program Focused on Translation
An innovative joint PhD training program leverages the combined strengths at the University of Oregon Knight Campus and Oregon State University.
Three bioengineering faculty have received National Institutes of Health grants totaling nearly $5 million to support powerful research with the potential to help us heal faster, be healthier, and live better.
Mentorship and student access are at the heart of the Knight Campus mission. Bioengineering Assistant Professor Marian Hettiaratchi is among those recognized at the UO for her teaching efforts and student mentorship.
Knight Campus Bioengineering Associate Professor Paul Dalton and his international colleagues helped advance melt electrowriting (a high-resolution technique), improving manufacturing precision and quality control in 3D-printing.
- Outstanding research opportunities focused on societal impact.
- A program and faculty focused on accelerating your success.
- The joint PhD program gives you access to courses and research resources at both campuses.
- Facilities, resources and training for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- World-class research tools and facilities to fuel your research.
- A new campus designed with collaboration in mind.